Welcome to the MSGenWeb Tippah County Page. We provide free information for you to discover and add to your your family tree. Check the links below to find information on your Tippah County Ancestors.
Recent Additions for Tippah Research
On Shiloh's Battle Ground
A letter by Sallie Murry Falkner written about her visit to the new military park at Shiloh in 1897.
Where Was Colonel Falkner Shot?
Travel Back in time with Professor Jack D. Elliott, Jr., as he examines 19th century land records to discover the truth about where the Old Colonel was shot.
History and Memories of Tippah County Communities
Including personal accounts and pictures, new information added weekly!
Please send in additions to this new project!
Thanks to some wonderful local volunteers, Tippah County is very well represented on Find A Grave!
Search Tippah County Records
Use FreeFind to search this site, the Tippah County Civil War Pages,
both or the web.
The links below try to capture the history of the first 100 years of Tippah County's existence. The searchable data exist because we are fortunate to have wonderful volunteers dedicated to making Tippah County the most useful site of it's kind on the Internet.
If you would like to contribute your information to this page, please let me know.
- 1837 Tax List of Property Owners in Tippah County
- 1840 and 1850 Census Records for Tippah County
- 1860 Census Records - Tippah County
- 1870 Census Records -Including all of old Tippah
- 1866 State Census - Tippah County
- 1900 Census Records - Tippah County
- 1910 Census Records - Tippah County
- African American Information
- Bible Records- please submit yours!
- Cemetery Records - Locations
- Cemetery Records - Locations African American Cemeteries
- Cemetery Map Created by MSGENWEB
- Cemetery Records - Gravestones
- Confederate Gravestones Located in Tippah County
- Church Records
- Death Notices
- Deeds - Book D
- Ladies of the Michigan Settlement
- Letters Left at the Ripley Post Office 1844
- Land Patents
- Map of Tippah County Showing the original boundaries
- Marriage Records 1836 - 1858 Reconstructed from personal records.
- Marriage Records 1858 - 1925
- Charles Terry Diary -1850's diary of life in Salem, MS
- James S. Terry Diary -1850's diary of life in Salem, MS and LaGrange, TN
- Francis Terry Leak Papers - Link to UNC Southern Historical Collection
- Poor House Records- 1870 Tippah County Poor House
- Samuel A. Agnew Diary a Civil War Journal
- Stubbs Cemetery -a forgotten ante-bellum cemetery
- Tippah County Connecting Families **Valuable resource!
- Tippah County Confederate Pages **Information on Tippah Soldiers!
- Tippah County Information in the USGENWEB archives
Post or View a Query, Deed, Obituary, Will or Pension File Now!
To access the different types of posting boards on Ancestry.com use the drop down menu titled "View Message Type." All posting will be gatewayed to the Tippah County mailing list for all subscribers to view.
- Surnames A-L
- Surnames M-Z
- QueriesView Archived Queries pre 1999
- Photos of Tippah County
- Tippah County Schools
- County Research Facilities
- Mid South Civil War Links
- Tippah County Family Pages
- Tippah County Heritage Museum
- 1907 Sentinel Issue
- Life in the early 1900's
- Old Map Collection of Tippah, Union and Pontotoc Counties
- Mississippi Vital Records Information
- Mississippi County Links - MSGENWEB
- The Chickasaw Nation
- MSGenWeb Archives
- Mississippi Genealogy and Notes Blog Spot!
- Mississippi Census Records at CensusFinder.com
- Mississippi Libraries Online
- Pioneer Publishing Company Lots of Mississippi books to purchase!
- Southeast Genealogy Online - Mississippi
Your comments and suggestions are welcome.
If you know of a link that would be helpful to Tippah County Researchers please send me a note. Due to time constraints, I do not have time to do any research for you myself. If you have questions regarding you ancestry please post a query, the surname, or post questions to the Tippah County Mailing List. If you see mistakes in data on these pages please send me a personal email and I will gladly correct them.