Tishomingo County banner showing old citizen and old courthouse

Old Cairo
Old Cairo - - S of Holcut (from old map). Old Cairo was located about six miles south of the present town of Holcut on the Illinois Central Railroad. This was a thickly settled community, but there were only two stores in 1885, J.N. Nixon and Marcus Browning were owners and operators. It became extinct many years ago.
 

MSGenWeb logo

MSGenWeb Tishomingo Co. Coordinator: Jeff Kemp
 

 

USGenWeb logo