Long ago located in the south central part of the county, a
voting precinct was established in 1841. John Boyer, Joshua
Lindsey (the name of the Village is from the family of the same
name) and John Donaldson were the election officers. There was a
post office and several stores, but in later years Dennis became
the center of trade.
Submitted by Cindy Nelson