Tishomingo County banner showing old citizen and old courthouse

Boggs Chapel

Boggs Chapel Church, County Road 147

Directions:  Turn left at Ava Hill's house

Source:  Information was obtained from “A History of the Churches of the Tishomingo County Methodist Group Ministry,” compiled May 1966.

 

Boggs Chapel Church was built in the year of 1904.  It was named Boggs Chapel after Rev. J. D. Boggs—he was the first one to preach in the church.  Preaching was held once a month and good revivals were also held.  Soon many members joined the church and Sunday School classes were taught.

 

The church has been renovated.  Decoration Day and all day singing is held annually on the second Sunday in July.

 
Courtesy of Tishomingo County Historical & Genealogical Society.

 
The task ahead of us is never as great as the Power behind us.
 

MSGenWeb logo

MSGenWeb Tishomingo Co. Coordinator: Jeff Kemp
 

 

USGenWeb logo