Palestine School was located about seven miles northeast of Coldwater on the Palestine-Coldwater Road.
From WPA Records
Some of the early teachers of this school were: Ferrell Jones, Hugh Bledsoe, Sallie Davidson, Nathaniel House, Edmond Eason and Cora Greer.
Some of the patrons who were most interested in the promotion of education were: Bill Wright, Frank Scott, John Bowden, Buck Jennings, Jim Clark, and Jim Moore.
Some of the students were the Jennings, Bowden, Clark, Scott, Wrights, and Moores.
The building was a one room log building crudely built. About the year 1925 this small school was consolidated and located near the old Greenleaf Methodist Church and was then called Greenleaf School. This school was an important shcool of the county in 1936.
Palestine School was a great help in promoting better citizenship and a desire for learning.
Source of Information was F. M. Embry (Frederick Mortimer Embrey).
Updated February 27, 2012
County Coordinators: Syble Embrey & Marie Carlton
All rights reserved. Copyright of submitted items belongs to those responsible for their authorship or creation unless otherwise stated.
Return To Schools