Located about three and one half miles northwest of Senatobia
From WPA Records
The Ebenezer School was first built about three and one half miles northwest of Senatobia in 1884. It was organized by the parents of the community as a private school. Miss. Antionette Wilson was the first teacher. Some of the first pupils were: Fannie Veasey, Laura Kahil, Lanice Haines, Appie Lou Haines, Jennie Wendel, Bennie Carrington, Florence Carrington, Sam Hunter and Bill Hunter.
The building was a typical one at that time, a one room structure with wooden shutters.
Mrs. Youngblood taught the next school which was located about one mile north of the old school building. Years later it was consolidated with the Senatobia School.
(Source of information was Mrs. R. G. White)
Updated February 28, 2010
Tate County Coordinators: Syble
Embrey & Marie Carlton
All rights reserved. Copyright of submitted items belongs to those responsible for their authorship or creation unless otherwise stated.
Return To Schools