Located near Bett
Eaverson School was founded by George Eaverson. It is now (1936) called Bett School. Mr. Wash Green donated the land over sixty years ago. (from 1936).
Some of the students at the time were Alex Hancock, Bob Farrell, John Ruby, Mandy Ruby, George Parks, John Parks, John Williams, Walter Green. Tom Hancock, Will Hancock, Kerry Hancock, Lissie Hancock, and Emma Williams.
The school building was an old log house with a fire place eight or ten feet long. The seats were split logs, crudely made into seats.
(Source of information Alex Hancock)
Updated March 8, 2012
County Coordinators: Syble Embrey & Marie Carlton
All rights reserved. Copyright of submitted items belongs to those responsible for their authorship or creation unless otherwise stated.
Return To Schools