PONTOTOC COUNTY, MISSISSIPPI
WHITE ZION PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH SESQUICENTENNIAL
September 12, 1841-October 13, 1991
On September 12, 1841, a congregation having previously applied to Rev. Thomas C. Stuart, Evangelist, for organization, met and were organized as "Spring Hill" Old School Presbyterian Church. It was to be under the care of Tombeckbie Presbytery. There were seven charter members: Five of the John H. Miller family and two of the Benjamin Godfrey family. By 1843, the membership had increased to thirty-three. After some years, the Spring Hill congregation removed the church to the present location. The new building was completed in 1848. The building was painted pure white and the church became known as "White Zion". The Chickasaw Presbytery convened there April 15, 1848. Many faithful and dedicated pastors and many good, true, and devout men and women have passed through the doors of White Zion Church, and we remember and honor them today.
God's blessing is with us. He will not let this old church fail. So now let us labor on in faith and look to God for His blessing.
Contributed by Bill Pittman.
Originally prepared by Debbie Anderson.