The earliest records show that four members of the church began meeting regularly in June, 1931 in the home of W. A. Dandridge. They were W. H. Bedingfield, J. H. Bedingfield and Mr. and Mrs. W. A. Dandridge.
The first gospel meeting was held in a tent in 1938. The number of members grew to twenty-four. In 1939 the members had grown to thirty-five, and they met each Lord's day in the Pontotoc Community House. In 1940 plans were started toward building a church building. Mrs. Dandridge gave a lot on the corner of Liberty and First Street. The building was completed in 1941. In 1946, the church bought the lot just west of the church building.
J. W. Dunn became the first full-time preacher in January 1948. The first officers were ordained in 1948. They were: Elders: J. H. Bedingfield, R. O. Massey and Deacons were: J. D. Bost, Estes Eubank and Zollie Lewellen.
On October 1,1953, the first work began on the new and larger church building facing main street. The new structure was completed in 1954. The old building was converted into a home for the preacher. This facility served the church well until 1965 when additional classrooms were added. The present facility was built in 1974 on Church Street. Elders at that time were J. D. Bost, Estes Eubank, R. O. Massey, Bonnie McDonald and Loyd Moore. The deacons were Mike Clevenger, Herman Murray, Jim Skelton and Bob Waters. A preacher's home was added behind the church building in 1978, and a fellowship building in 1990.
Submitted by Carolyn Stewart .