Warren County

905 Crawford Street House, constructed ca. 1830 by John Lane (source)
1300 Grove Street House; Grove Street, Vicksburg
Anchuca; 1010 First East Street, Vicksburg (photo ca 1940)
 Anchuca,(aka Wilson Home) as we see it today was built by Victor Wilson. Mr. Wilson was a coal and ice merchant. He was also a part owner of Daniels Steamline. The house was also the last home of Joseph E. Davis, patriarchal bother to Jefferson Davis and master of Hurricane Plantation. Joseph Davis and a granddaughter live here from around 1868 until his death on September 18, 1870, at the age of 87. (Source Anchuca Mansion <anchuca1@bellsouth.net>)
Balfour House; built mid-1830s, Crawford Street, Vicksburg.  Home of Emma Balfour (source)
Beck House; South St., Vicksburg 
Belle Fleur; South St., Vicksburg 
Biedenharn Candy Company Building (aka Biedenharn Candy Company); Washington St., Vicksburg
Blum House (aka Levy House); Cherry St., Vicksburg
Bobb House (aka McRaven); Harrison St., Vicksburg
(Isaac) Bonham House (aka The Corners); Klein St., Vicksburg
Brierfield Plantation, owned by Jefferson and Joseph Davis.  West of Vicksburg. (source)
Buena Vista Plantation (historical), near Eagle Bend on Eagle Lake
Cedar Grove; Oak St., Vicksburg
Craig-Flowers House (aka The Manor House Inn and Club); Cherry St., Vicksburg
Davis-Mitchell House; Crawford St., Vicksburg
Feld House; Cherry St., Vicksburg 
Fitz-Hugh Hall; Chambers St., Vicksburg
(Col. Charles C.) Flowerree (aka Flowerree); Pearl St., Vicksburg
Fonsylvania; Fisher Ferry Rd., Vicksburg
Forest Home Plantation (historical), SW portion of county near Mississippi River
(The) Galleries; Marshall St., Vicksburg
(Duff) Green House; Locust St., Vicksburg
Grove Street Houses; Grove St., Vicksburg
Guider House (aka Farm Bureau); Grove St., Vicksburg
(P.M.) Harding House (aka Harding- Johnson House); Chambers St., Vicksburg
House at 1113 Clay Street; Clay St., Vicksburg
House at 1200 Harrison Street; Harrison St., Vicksburg
House at 1208 Adams Street; Adams St., Vicksburg
House at 1215 Magnolia Street; Magnolia St., Vicksburg
House at 1306 Farmer Street; Farmer St., Vicksburg
House at 1307 First North Street; First North St., Vicksburg
House at 1312 First North Street; First North St., Vicksburg
House at 1319 Jackson Street; Jackson St., Vicksburg
House at 1406 Clay Street; Clay St., Vicksburg
House at 1414 Harrison Street; Harrison St., Vicksburg
House at 1416 Openwood Street; Openwood St., Vicksburg
House at 1418 Harrison Street; Harrison St., Vicksburg
House at 1520 Great Street; Great St., Vicksburg
House at 1604 South Street; South St., Vicksburg
House at 1701 Cherry Street; Cherry St., Vicksburg
House at 1831 Cherry Street; Cherry St., Vicksburg
House at 2200 Pearl Street; Pearl St., Vicksburg
House at 2304 Pearl Street; Pearl St., Vicksburg
House at 2521 Pearl Street; Pearl St., Vicksburg
House at 2720 Washington Street; Washington St., Vicksburg
House at 519 Farmer Street; Farmer St., Vicksburg
House at 618 Farmer Street; Farmer St., Vicksburg
House at 722 Cherry Street; Cherry St., Vicksburg
House at 800 Walnut Street; Walnut St., Vicksburg
House at 916 Farmer Street; Farmer St., Vicksburg
(Joel and Margaret) Hullum House (aka Mallett Place; Hullum-Mallett-Brewer House); Mallet Rd., Vicksburg
Hurricane Plantation, owned by Joseph E Davis; Davis Bend (source)
James Plantation (historical), on Big Black River, far E side of county
(Fannie Willis) Johnson House (aka Tomil Manor); Drummond St., Vicksburg
Killikrankia Plantation (historical), about 10 Mi. SSW of Mound
(Dr. Isaac Cecil) Knox House; Confederate Ave., Vicksburg
(John) Lane House; Crawford St., Vicksburg
(W.W.) Lassiter Wholesale Grocery Warehouse ; Levee St., Vicksburg
Linden Plnatation, established in 1827 by John Wesley Vick, son of Newitt Vick, founder of Vicksburg. Located in Vicksburg.  (source)
Lonewood; The main plantation home was located on the present corner of Drummond Street and Speed Street .  The main house, all but the library wing, was torn down during the Depression.  Its bottom floor was used as an art studio for the well known Mississippi artist, Caroline Compton.  The plantation office, which was behind the big house, was refurbished with marble mantels, moldings and the staircase from the old house and the Compton family moved into it.  They lived there until 1987 when the house was sold. [Submitted by Danella Compton Weatherly]
Luckett Compound; Crawford St, Vicksburg
(The) Magnolias; Monroe St., Vicksburg
Magruder-Morrissey House (aka Towne House); Cherry St., Vicksburg
McDermott House; South St., Vicksburg 
McGehee House; South St., Vicksburg 
McNutt House; corner Monroe and E. 1st Sts., Vicksburg
Meredith Plantation (historical), just S of Eagle Lake
Planters Hall (aka McRae Bank; Canizaro House); Main St., Vicksburg (source)
(Adolph) Rose Building; Clay St., Vicksburg
Shlenker House (aka Rig Perry House); Cherry St., Vicksburg
Smedes Plantation (historical), S edge of Vicksburg
Taylor Plantation (historical), 6 Mi. NW of Vicksburg
Walnut Hills; Adams St., Vicksburg 
Williams Plantation (historical), about 6 Mi. NW of Vicksburg
Willis-Cowan House, built ca. 1835;  1018 Crawford Street, Vicksburg.  (source)
Woodburne Plantation, owned by Rev James Angel Fox; Vicksburg
Young-Bradfield House; Crawford St., Vicksburg
Return to Plantation Table of Contents
Home to MSGenWeb


Copyright Notice: All files and photographs on this site are copyrighted by their creator and/or contributor, unless otherwise noted. They may be linked to but may not be reproduced on another site without specific permission from The MSGenWeb State Coordinator or the Assistant State Coordinator, and/or their contributor. Although public information is not in and of itself copyrightable, the format in which they are presented, the notes and comments, etc., are. It is however, quite permissible to print or save the files to a personal computer for personal use ONLY. 

Last Update Thursday, 15-Oct-2009 18:20:24 EDT

[an error occurred while processing this directive]