Panola County

Ballentine-Bryant House; Butler St, Sardis
Ballentine-Seay House; Pocahontas St, Sardis
(Q. W.) Bates Place
Bryant Place, owners 1856: Evarard Green Baker & Laura Lavinia Alexander Baker
Craig-Seay House; Craig St, Como
Crenshaw House; MS 310, Crenshaw
Dugger School, established 1860. Source: "Hometown Mississippi", James Brieger, 1997.
Elliotts Mills (historical), Shuford
Fletcher Plantation; built 1870s by Robert Fletcher's father; Fletcher (15 miles SE of Sardis). Source: "Hometown Mississippi", James Brieger, 1997.
Hall-Henderson House; Sycamore St, Sardis
Hall-Roberson House; Main St, Sardis
Haynes Mill (historical), Asa
Home House Plantation, owners 1865: J Carter & NR Sledge
Hufft House; Pocahontas St, Sardis
(Freeman) Irby's Place, owners 1848: Freeman Irby & Maria (Martha) L. Bacon Irby
Johnson-Tate Cottage; Stonewall St, Sardis
(John Curtis) Kyle House; McLaurin St, Sardis
(Judge John William) Kyle Law Office (aka Kyle-Short Law Office); Main St., Sardis
Lee House; Booth St., Batesville
Mount Olivet Church, built 1895; Mt. Olivet. Source: "Hometown Mississippi", James Brieger, 1997.
Mount Terza Methodist Church, built 1850 on land donated by Simpson Lester; Terza. Source: "Hometown Mississippi", James Brieger, 1997.
Nutt's Shop (historical), Sardis
Peach Tree Church, oldest church in the county, it marks the site of the extinct town of Horatio. Source: "Hometown Mississippi", James Brieger, 1997.
Pleasant Grove Church, built 1835; Glenville. Source: "Hometown Mississippi", James Brieger, 1997.
Popular Price Store; Railroad St., Como
Porter & Blankenship's Store (historical), Crenshaw
Short's Hill (aka Fairhill); Childress St., Sardis
Tait-Taylor House; Oak Ave., Como
Taylor-Falls House; Pointer Ave., Como
Taylor-Mansker House; Railroad St., Como
Taylor-Wall-Yancy House; Sycamore St., Sardis
Walton-Howry House; Main St., Sardis
Wardlaw-Swango House; Railroad St., Como
Well, The (aka Strickland Place; Angel's Retreat); E of Sardis on Sardis-Union Rd., Sardis
Wesley's Chapel, built before 1860; Chapel Town (now extinct). Source: "Hometown Mississippi", James Brieger, 1997.
.
.
.
.
Return to Plantation Table of Contents
Home to MSGenWeb


Copyright Notice: All files and photographs on this site are copyrighted by their creator and/or contributor, unless otherwise noted. They may be linked to but may not be reproduced on another site without specific permission from The MSGenWeb State Coordinator or the Assistant State Coordinator, and/or their contributor. Although public information is not in and of itself copyrightable, the format in which they are presented, the notes and comments, etc., are. It is however, quite permissible to print or save the files to a personal computer for personal use ONLY. 
 
Please contact one of the
MSGenWeb Coordinators  regarding questions, suggestions, 
    or comments about this website. 
Everette Carr - State Coordinator
Bill White - Assistant State Coordinator & Special Projects ASC
Content copyright 1997-present MSGenWeb Team, et al where noted. 
Art and design copyright 1997-present MSGenWeb Team. 
All rights reserved. 

Last Update Thursday, 15-Oct-2009 18:01:08 EDT

[an error occurred while processing this directive]