Alcorn County

1022 Candler Place (House), Corinth (photo, courtesy of American Memory Project, Library of Congress)
Alcorn County Jail, Taylor St at Railroad tracks, Corinth (photo, courtesy of American Memory Project, Library of Congress)
(Dr. Joseph M.) Bynum (aka Robbins House); Front St, Rienzi
Corinth Clothing Manufacturing Co. Building (aka Adams Machine Co. Building), built ca 1895; Corinth
Corinth Arsenal (historical), Corinth
Corinth Machinery Company, built 1869, Fillmore Street & Gulf & Ohio Railroad, Corinth (photo, courtesy of American Memory Project, Library of Congress)
Curlee House, 711 Jackson Street, Corinth (photo, courtesy of American Memory Project, Library of Congress)
(Thomas F.) Dilworth House; off Hwy 45, Biggersville
Dilworth Store (historical), Kossuth
Fillmore Street Presbyterian Church, Fillmore Street, Corinth; organized 1857 by Rev. E. C. Gillenwaters [info provided by Vicki Burress Roach] - (photo, courtesy of American Memory Project, Library of Congress)
Floyd's Store (historical), Glens
Henderson Store (historical), Kossuth
Jacinto Courthouse, built 1854; Court Square, Rienzi (photo, courtesy of American Memory Project, Library of Congress)
Jones Mill (historical), Peoples
Liddon Building, 405-409 Cruise St, Corinth
Mathis Store (historical), Chalybeate
McGlathery House, Corinth (photo, courtesy of American Memory Project, Library of Congress)
Mitchell's Store Post Office (historical), Rienzi
Potts Store (historical), Kendrick
Routen Store (historical), Chalybeate
Rowsey Cottage, 1221 Jackson St., Corinth (photo, courtesy of American Memory Project, Library of Congress); [built in early 1870s; purchased by the Brunet family in 1950 who modernized and redecorated it while retaining the early features and charm; info provided by Vicki Roach]
(Abe) Rubel House, NW corner of Jackson and Main, Corinth (photo, courtesy of American Memory Project, Library of Congress); [this house was erected in 1904 by Abe Rubel, it is now owned by the First Baptist Church; info provided by Vicki Roach]
(O. R.) Smith House, Corinth (photo, courtesy of American Memory Project, Library of Congress)
(L. C.) Steele House; Fourth St, Corinth
Veranda House (aka The Curlee House); Jackson St, Corinth
Wallace House, Corinth (photo, courtesy of American Memory Project, Library of Congress)
Whitfield Plantation (historical), 1 mile S of Corinth
(Bailey) Williams House, Corinth (photo, courtesy of American Memory Project, Library of Congress)
(H. I.) Williams House, Corinth (photo, courtesy of American Memory Project, Library of Congress)
(Nesly) Williams Plantation, near the original settlement of Rienzi
Williams Home, Corinth; built by Mr. J.E. Gift, a Corinth banker for whom the Gift Community was named. Construction was begun in 1886 and completed in 1888. Inside features include a beautiful handmade stairway of walnut and chestnut and marble mantels. [Info and photo provided by Vicki Roach]
.
Return to Plantation Table of Contents
Home to MSGenWeb


Copyright Notice: All files and photographs on this site are copyrighted by their creator and/or contributor, unless otherwise noted. They may be linked to but may not be reproduced on another site without specific permission from The MSGenWeb State Coordinator or the Assistant State Coordinator, and/or their contributor. Although public information is not in and of itself copyrightable, the format in which they are presented, the notes and comments, etc., are. It is however, quite permissible to print or save the files to a personal computer for personal use ONLY. 
 
Please contact one of the
MSGenWeb Coordinators  regarding questions, suggestions, 
    or comments about this website. 
Everette Carr - State Coordinator
Bill White - Assistant State Coordinator
Content copyright 1997-2007 MSGenWeb Team, et al where noted. 
Art and design copyright 1997-2007 MSGenWeb Team. 
All rights reserved. 

Last Update Thursday, 15-Oct-2009 17:45:19 EDT

[an error occurred while processing this directive]