Designated as a Historical Cemetery and awarded certificate of Historical Significance by the Board of Trustees of the Mississippi Department of Archives thanks to the endless efforts of Jane Hardin.
Pegues Cemetery was transcribed and submitted by Jane Baker-Hardin. Many thanks to Jane Baker-Hardin for granting permission to post it online.
Location: West out of Holly Springs, MS, at Boundary St. & Chulahoma Ave. intersection 1 mile; at the Marianna Rd., & Hernando Rd./Chulahoma Ave. turn onto Marianna Rd. Drive 6.1 miles to Dunn's hunting plantation (Rt. 3, 39D4), next to Mt. Moriah Church; turn into Dunn's driveway & go down .6 mile. The Pegues Cemetery is on the right side in the woods. It is 69 feet from the NE corner of the cemetery to Dunn's drive.
Size: Front - 170 ft. N-S; South side - 187 ft. E-W; Back - 227 ft. N-S
MS Death Certificates Listing Pegues Cemetery
Submitted by Jane Baker Hardin
DAVIS, Delia PEGUES, 25 Nov 1937
DAVIS, Samuel, 8 Nov 1922
DAVIS, Toby, 24 Mar 1926
JONES, A. T., 5 Nov 1916
JONES, Bettie, 3 Mar 1934
JONES, Caroline, 2 Aug 1922
JONES, Cleolia, 2 Sep 1916
JONES, John Lee, 19 Jan 1936 (Marianna)
JONES, Lewis, 26 Jan 1923
JONES, Liddie, 25 Apr 1914
JONES, Marshall, 17 Jan 1919
JONES, Robert, 29 Aug 1913
JONES, Simon, 16 Sep 1924
JONES, Wilson, 17 Sep 1924
This Page Was Last Updated