Hope Christian Church
from 100th Anniversary Press Release
building of the New Hope Christian Church, located about
six miles north of Aberdeen on Coontail Road, was 100 years
old in 2004. The land for the church was donated by Jimmie
D. Bryan on November 13, 1903, and the present building
became fully used in 1904 as the Christian Church and as
a community center. When the Byran family held a reunion,
it was more than just a gathering of Bryan relatives, it
was a gathering of the entire Coontail community.
families associated with the church are Adams, Blackwell,
Bowen, Bryan, Chism, Finley, Green, Harris, Hill, Holmes,
Howell, Jackson, Jones, Kelly, Kidd, Meek, Morgan, Seavy,
Stout, Sturdivant, Sullivan, and Wamble.