Contributed by Jymie Carol Ford Inmon January 7, 2006
Funchess--present location is at the intersection of Dry Grove Road and Tank Road in Township 3 R 2W. It was later known as the Penial settlement, then known as Negro Cross Roads, now known as Dabney's Crossing or Mt. Wade.
First Postmaster--May 18, 1831, Ed Funchess, closed February 6, 1833.
Ed Funchess, son of Elizabeth was b 17 April 1805, d 4 Nov. 1838, married Caroline Ford b 1819, d 1836, age 17. Both were buried in the Penial Church Cemetery.
Ed Funchess & George Funchess patented land from 1832-1836 in section 29 T3 R3W, present location of Carmichael.
Note from Jymie: Excerpt taken from *First Families and Town Histories of Hinds County, Mississippi, Volume 3 by Sallye P. Williams, April 1982.
Page Created January 8, 2006
Copyright 2006-08 Jane Combs All Rights Reserved
Submisson Remains the Property of Jymie Carol Ford Inmon