Book 1, 1845-1847
1. JAMES S. MABRY to MARTHA E. WRIGHT - 11 Nov. 1845, by Samuel Halliburton M.G.
1. GEORGE A. CAMP to JULIA A.V. GABBERT - 17 Nov. 1845, by David J. White J.P.
2. HIRAM A. GRIMES to NANCY KUYKENDALL - 20 Nov. 1845, by John R. Refroe M.G.
3. THOMAS C. WILEY to SARAH A. BURKE - 23 Nov. 1845, by Samuel P. McCorkle J.P.
3. BENJAMIN F. COOPWOOD to ELIZA A. NOWLIN - 26 Nov. 1845, by Wade Nowlin M.G.
4. WILLIAM S. REED to SARAH BILLINGSLEY - 27 Nov. 1845, by William Ellis J.P.
5. SOLOMON ALBRIGHT to PENNINCA A.E. ANDREWS - 27 Nov. 1845, by Jamces C. Foster
6. JAMES S. ELLIS to ADELINE HUDDLESTON - 28 Nov. 1845, by Thos. P. Stone M.G.
6. JAMES B. KILLIBREW to ANN E. BRANNON - 27 Nov. 1845, by George Tucker
7. JOHN NEAL to SARAH HOLCOMB - 29 Nov. 1845, (No return)
8. WILLIAM D. BETTS to EDY. M. BYRD - 9 Dec. 1845, by L. Flewellen, President of Board of Police
9. JAMES PETTY to ELIZABETH MARTINDALE - 11 Dec. 1845, by Wm. W. McMahon, Mins.
10. WILLIAM T. LIVELY to AMANDA CHISM - 14 Dec. 1845, by John R. Refro M.G.
11. JOSEPH BULLARD to MELINDA BAKER - 23 Dec. 1845, by Andrew Bradley J.P.
12. WILLIAM H. GRAVES to MARGARET D. SMITH - 23 Dec. 1845, by John Kirterson M.G.
13. BURNELL R. CHAMBLISS to ADELINE WALLACE - 21 Dec. 1845, by Sam'l P. McCorkle J.P.
14. ALEXANDER C. BRALEY to ELIZA S. BYNUM - 18 Dec. 1845, (No return)
15. WILLIAM T. BEATY to ELEANOR TURRENTINE - 22 Dec. 1845, by J.W. Stamps M.G.
16. JOSEPH S. BOON to SARAH S. OLIVER - 23 Dec. 1845, by George Tucker M.G.
17. GREEN S. BLYTHE to G.A. SMITH - 24 Dec. 1845, by John R. Renfro M.G.
18. JAMES O. SPEARS to CALEDONIA MOORE - 25 Dec. 1845, by L. Flewellin, President of Board of Police
19. JOHN L. ROBINSON to CAROLINE MITCHELL - 24 Dec. 1845, by Sam'l M. Cowan V.D.M.
20. GEORGE G. WAIR to MARY PULLEN - 24 Dec. 1845, by David J. White J.P.
21. WILLIAM J. BOWEN to AMANDA C. BARNES - 30 Dec. 1845, by Sam'l P. McCorkle J.P.
22. ASA T. NOWLIN to DELILA COOPWOOD - 1 Jan. 1846, by Wade Nolin M.G.
23. FRANCIS K. GILLESPIE to ADELINE DICK - 31 Dec. 1845, by Wade Nolin M.G.
31 JESSE P. WALTON to MARTHA ANN FUTRELL - 26 Feb. 1846, by T.O. Ellis Min. of M.E.C.
32. ARCHIBALD HOUSTION to SUSAN DICKSON - 26 Feb. 1846, by S. Bradley J.P.
33. JAMES A. PORTER to JANE GILLESPIE - 26 Feb. 1846, by David J. White J.P.
34. JORDAN HOUSE to NANCY WILEY - 3 Mar 1846, by Sam'l P. McCorkle J.P.
35. JOHN P. WOMACK to LEVICY A. WHITE - 11 Mar. 1846, by John R. Renfro M.G.
36. WILLIAM JONES to MATILDA CRUMPLER - 15 Mar. 1846, by H.W. Harwell M.G.
37. ROBERT M. HURST to SARAH JANE BYRAM - 15 Mar. 1846, by T.O. Ellis Min. of M.E.C.
38. ADAM F. RITCHIE to MARY WOODWARD - 15 Mar. 1846, by John R. Renfro M.G.
39. DANIEL PIERSON to ELIZA F. MORSE - 18 Mar. 1846, by Sam'l M. Cowan V.D.M.
40. CAIN BRYLES to ARABELLA F. GRAVES - 24 Mar. 1846, by Jeremiah Williams G.M.
41. SIMON A. PEARCE to ELIZABETH DAVIS - 26 Mar. 1846, by T.O. Ellis Min. of M.E.G.
42. RICHARD E. BAILEY to FIDLEIA TERRY - 29 Mar. 1846, by A. Bradley, J.P.
43. ANDREW FRISBY to SARAH CERTIN - 9 Apr. 1846, by Moses Jacobs J.P.
44. WILLIAM W. WILKES to MARGARET E. STRAYHORN - 6 Apr. 1846, by M.H. Renfro M.G.
45. ELIJAH WYATT to ELIZABETH REIGES - 6 Apr. 1846, married by "someone in Tennessee" per George Foote, Clerk
46. WILLIAM KENNEDY to NANCY S. CERTIN - 23 Apr. 1846, by Moses Jacobs J.P.
47. JAMES W. WILSON to ELIZABETH JANE MOON - 2 May 1846, (license applied for but not returned)
48. B. F. CHILDRESS to FRANCES E. WHITE - 7 May 1846, by A. Bradley J.P.
49. JAMES A EDMONDS to SARAH LIVELY - 22 May 1846, by A. Bradley J.P.
50. T. B. DANFORTH to LUCRETIA LUCE - 2 June 1846, by Sam'l P. McCorkle J.P.
51. ASA PHILLIPS to MILDRED BECK - 28 May 1846, by David J. White J.P.
52. THOMAS J. LANE to CATHERINE A. MOORE - 18 June 1846, by Henry K. Winbourn M.G.-M.E.C.
53. JESSE H. YOUNG to MAHALA BAKER - 15 June 1846, by J.T. Baker J.P.
54. CHARLES W. BOWEN to ELMIRA W. RAINEY - 1 July 1846, by J.M. Cowan V.D.M.
55. WESLEY HANKINS to EMILY HOLLOWELL - 7 July 1846, by W. Halliburton J.P.
56. SPENCER W. HILL to MARTHA E. MORAN - 15 July 1846, by H.W. Hamill, M.G.
57. SHERROD MARTIN to REBECCA PRICE - 16 July 1846, by Sam'l P. McCorkle, J.P.
58. HARPER SPANN to SUSAN WINBURN - 17 July 1846, by W. Pearson, M.G.
59 ALBERT G. SANDRIDGE to E.A. CARTER - 21 July 1846, by George Tucker, G.M.
60. THOMAS McCARTY to CINDERELLA SIMMONS - 6 Aug 1846, by David White, J.P.
61. A.G. KERR to MARTHA R. CAMP - 9 Aug 1846, L.M. Cowan, V.D.M.
62. YOUNG J. SCRUGGS to ELIZABETH J. HUDSON - 19 Aug 1846, by A. Bradley, J.P.
63. JOSEPH HOWELL to ELIZA A. SMITH - 27 Aug 1846, by H.M. Harwell, M.G.
64. WILLIAM LEWIS to SARAH HAM - 2 Sept 1846, by H.M. Harwell, M.G.
65. GEORGE U. JONES to MAHALA GRIMES - 2 Sept 1846, by John R. Renfro, M.G.
66. JAMES MARTIN to LOUIZA JANE COBBE - 3 Sept 1846, by Sam'l P. McCorkle, J.P.
67. WILLIAM B. POAG to MILDRED JOHNSEN - 17 Sept 1846, by Sam'l P. McCorkle, J.P.
68. WILLIAM RITCHIE to LUCINA JONES - 13 Sept 1846, by William Ellison, J.P.
69. JAMES D. CHERRY to SARAH HANNEFORD - 18 Sept 1846, by H.M. Harwell, M.G.
70. ANDREW J. HALE to AD ELIZA WHITE - 22 Sept 1846, by E. Charlton, J.P.
71. BOLIVER S. ROBINSON to MARY C. GATEWOOD - 23 Sept 1846, by German Baker, R.M.G.
72. JOHN M. RUFFIN to MARY B. COLEMAN - 27 Sept 1846, This license returned nulla bona, the parties having been married in Memphis, Tennessee on 27 Sept. 1846
73. CHARLES WILKERSON to NANCY SEA - 8 Oct 1846, by A.M. Crawford, M.G.
74. WILLIAM A.G. THOMPSON to ISABELLA E. KELSEY - 30 Sept 1846, by No Return
75. WILLIAM PITT EASON to MARY E. HARRIS - 30 Sept 1846, by Anthony T. Scruggs, M.G.
76. SAMUEL D. MCANERICK to SARAH HARTSFIELD - 16 Oct 1846, by A. Bradley, J.P.
77. THOMAS H. WOOD TO GEORGIANA J. HOLMES - 28 Sept 1846, by Saul Watson, M.G.
80. ALLEN HARRISON to SARAH ANN POPE, 22 Oct. 1846, by W.M. Ellison, J.P.
81. ROBERT PAYNE to MARIA SUSAN CRUTCHER, 29 Oct. 1846, by Samuel Watson, M.G.
82. JOHN W. YOUNG to MARTHA W. GARRETT, 4 Nov. 1846, by S. Flewellen, President of the Board of Police for DeSoto County
83. WILLIAM CUPP to RACHEL CATHERINE STRAYHORN, 12 Nov. 1846, by M.H. Renfro, M.G.
84. ROBERT CORELY to ELFIDA COOPWOOD, 30 Nov. 1846, by Moses Jacobs, J.P.
85. EDWIN M. ALBRIGHT to NANCY E. FLOWERS, 19 Nov. 1846, by Rufus Carter, Member of the Board of Police
86. JAMES C. FERGUSON to SUSAN S. POWERS, 9 Dec. 1846, by David J. White, J.P.
87. PATRICK H. FARIS to MARY ANN WYATT, 8 Dec. 1846, by A Bradley, J.P.
88. DODDIRDGE C. TRADER to EMALINE C. WILLIAMS, 22 Dec. 1846, by Wm. McMahan, M.G., M.E. Church South.
89. PINKNEY GRIFFITH to MARTHA HARRISON, 15 Dec. 1846, by James H. Brown
90. ROBERT JACKSON to MELINDA M. JACKSON, 17 Dec. 1846, by W.H. Wise
91. JOHN A. SCOTT to MARGARET WILKERSON, 20 Dec. 1846, by Sam'l P. McCorkle, J.P.
92. JOHN MOORE to CAROLINE WILKERSON, 20 Dec. 1846, by Sam'l P. McCorkle, J.P.
93. JOHN T. ELLISON to LOUISA JANE MARTINDALE, 24 Dec. 1846, by Sam'l Halliburton, M.G.
94. GEORGE W. MAGEE to JANE FERGUSON, 23 Dec. 1846 by Rufus Carter, Member of the Board of Police.
95. EDMUND CHARLTON to LUCY CARR, 23 Dec. 1846 by J.S. Baker, L.E. (Elder) of the M.E. Church South
96. STEPHEN JACKSON to ELIZABETH PAYNE, 27 Dec. 1846 by David J. White, J.P.
97. WILLIAM T. DOUGLASS to ELIZA JANE EALY, 31 Dec. 1846 by German Baker, M.G.
98. ANDREW C. FLOYD to NANCY HENRY, 28 Dec. 1846 by E. Charlton, J.P.
99. CARROLL HENRY to MARY JANE FLOYD, 28 Dec. 1846 by E. Charlton, J.P.
100. WILLIAM JOHNSON to MINERVA ROSE, 7 Jan. 1847 by John Smith, J.P.
101. JOHN ROGERS to MARY PURVIS, 3 Jan 1847 by M. H. Renfro, M.G.
102. P. A. THURMOND to MARTHA E. ELLIS, 13 Jan. 1847 by G. B. Waldrop, M.G.
103. LOVET FELLOW to ELIZABETH FELLOW, 21 Jan. 1847 by Rufus Carter, Member of Board of Police.
106. WILLIAM H. BATEMAN and SARAH E. GOODMAN on 4 Feb. 1847 by Sam'l M. Cowan, V.D.M.
107. JOHN WOOD and LUCINDA E. COLLIER on 9 Feb. 1847 by A. Bradley, J.P.
108. WILLIAM J. GUEST and SURANCY GLOVER on 12 Feb. 1847 by John Smith, J.P.
109. BENJAMIN SHARP and MARY GANN on 12 Feb. 1847 by M. H. Renfro, M.G.
110. HOWARD REED and FRANCES BILLINGSLEY on 18 Feb. 1847 by W. S. Brown, J.P.
111. J. T. R. DECKARD and MARY CATHERINE MASON on 28 Feb. 1847 by H. Thompson, J.P.
112. JOHN HINNANT and NANCY MILLER on 6 Mar. 1847 by A. Bradley, J.P.
113. WILLIAM C. TAYLOR and MARY J. MOORE on 6 Mar. 1847 no return
114. JOHN A. BURKS and MARTHA DAVIS on 9 Mar. 1847 by Samuel Watson, M.G.
115. MORGAN B. GREER and MARTHA S. HUTCHISON on 10 Mar. 1847 by David J. White, J.P.
116. WILLIAM HALL and ELIZABETH NOBLE on 13 Mar. 1847 by M. H. Neal, M.G.
117. MEREDITH A. DAVIS and NANCY ROBERTSON on 23 Mar. 1847 by Jer. Burns, M.G.
118. JOHN W. GABBERT and ELIZA A. BELL on 25 Mr. 1847 by S. M. Cowan, V.D.M.
119. THOMAS CHAMBERLIN and ELIZABETH A. GILLESPIE on 25 Mar. 1847 by David J. White, J.P.
120. MILTON IRBY and MARY ANN STRICKLAND on 1 April 1847 by M. H. Refro, M.G.
121. WILLIAM W. FLINN and MARY BELDSOE on 7 April 1847 by Sam'l Watson, M.G.
122. ANDREW F. BELL and MARY ANN MURPHY on 15 April 1847 by Sam'l M. Cowan, V.D.M.
123. ALFRED HILDRETH and MARY ANN ATKINS on 22 April 1847 by Moses Jacobs, J.P.
124. THOMAS LINDLEY and MINERVA ANN PALMER on 22 April 1847 by S. Flewellen, President of the Board of Police
125. JAMES M. SMITH and SUSANAH DOWTY on 22 April 1847 by M. H. Renfro, M.G.
126. GEORGE E. HARRIS and TABITHA E. ATKINS on 22 April 1847 by Moses Jacobs, J.P.
127. DAVID ROBERTS and SARAH HOLLOWELL on 10 May 1847 no return
128. JOHN B. DIXON and SARAH DOUGLASS on 12 May 1847 by German Baker, M.G.
129. WILLIAM WOOD and WLIZABETH M. DROKE 20 May 1847 by Moses Jacobs, J.P.
130. A. C. DYER and CAROLINE H. MORGAN 19 May 1847 by Sam'l M. Cowan VDM
131. AUGUSTUS ROWLETT and SARAH E. BLOCKER 23 May 1847 by Sam'l Watson M.G.
132. HENRY C. BLANCHARD and MARTHA A. WALTON 26 May 1847 by W. Halliburton, J.P.
133. WILLIAM YORK and VIRGINIA H. MANN 30 May 1847 by Sam'l Watson, M.G.
134. JORDAN C. SOLOMAN and HARRIET JANE BRITT 3 June 1847 by German Baker, R.M.G.
135. WILLIAM J. STEWART and MARY POUNDERS 18 June 1847 by Moses Jacobs, J.P.
136. JOSEPH FERGUSON and GOTHA ANN BRITT 24 June 1847 by German Baker, R.M.G.
137. JOHN M. VICKERS and ELMINA E. HOPSON 8 July 1847 by Moses Jacobs, J.P.
138. STEPHEN H. PHILLIPS and SUSAN WEBSTER 27 July 1847 by S. Flewellen, Pres. of Board of Police
139. ELISHA W. BOYTE and A. J. EMBRY 3 August 1847 by Moses Jacobs, J.P.
140. NEWTON WILSON and LUCY A. MAPLES 15 August 1847 by S. M. Cowan, V.D.M.
141. JAMES POOL and MARY ANN WILKS 19 August 1847 by David J. White, J.P.
142. FRANCIS D. HAM and LOUISIANA PAYNE 25 August 1847 by Moses Jacobs, J.P.
143. LEWIS YOUNG and LOUISA DAVID 1 September 1847 by Henry K. Winbourn, M.G.
144. ALEXANDER TRAYLOR and AMANDA HUGHES 2 September 1847 by Jas. A. Hamill, M.G.
145. JOHN C. WILKERSON and MARTHA C. DEMENT 5 September 1847 by James N. Brown
146. J. D. DEAN and WILMOTH STAFFORD 9 September 1847 by Moses Jacobs, J.P.
147. A. W. SIMS and REBECCA A. RENFROE 17 September 1847 by Jno. R. Renfroe, M.G.
148. A. G. REED and AMANDA J. BROWN 21 September 1847 by W. Ellison, J.P.
149. J. J. HIGGENBOTHAM and CARALINE WALDRUP 20 September 1847 by Sam'l Halliburton, M.G.
150. JESSE MOORE and MARGARET ANN JONES 28 September 1847 by Sam'l Watson, M.G.
151. WILLIAM GANN and ELIZABETH RADER 28 September 1847 No Return
152. JOHN C. HILL and MAHALA DODSON 3 October 1847 by Sam'l Watson, M.G.
DeSoto County Coordinator: Tim Harrison
Copyright © 2005-2013 by Tim Harrison & MSGenWeb. All rights reserved. Copyright of submitted items belongs to those responsible for their authorship or creation unless otherwise assigned.