Sylvarena Baptist Church
Was organized on
Sept. 28, 1898. The charter members were John and Mary Hutson, Allen W. and Margaret Newton Case, David L. and Francis Case, W.D. and Mary Carruth, Ophelia Case Crawford, Mr. and Mrs. T.T. Farmer, Mrs. Ora
Ferguson, Mr. and Mrs. Vardaman, Benton Haley, Mr. and Mrs. S. J. McBride, Mr. and Mrs. Willis Myers, Mr and Mrs. John M. White, and Mr. and Mrs. O. J. Williamson.
--Taken from an article in 'Wesson Scene' by Nancy Ables, Copiah County Courier 9/13/2000