Click to Visit the MS Gen Web site
Copiah Queries, Obits, Wills, Deeds, etc.
Search this site and others ...
State of MS with Copiah in Red

Join the MS-Copiah Discussion list

Click to visit the USGen Web project
Sarah Ann Francis Sanders  - 1838

This is a FREE site provided by the MSGen Web Project.

05/30/14 was the last day I modified this page.

God Bless America



In pursuance of an order of the Honorable the Probate Court of Copiah County, made at the special term of said court, the undersigned guardian of Sarah Ann Francis Sanders, minor heir of John Sanders, late of Copiah County, deceased, will proceed to sell on Wednesday the 8th day of August next on the premises to the highest bidder the following tract of land lying and being situated on the waters of the North Bayou Pierre in Copiah County and belonging to said Sarah Ann Francis Sanders viz: All of the South half of section 35, Township 12, Range 5 East; also the East half of the northeast fourth of said section; also East half of the northwest fourth of said section; also the East half of the southeast fourth of Section 34, Township 12, Range 5 East, amounting in all to 560 acres on which there is a gin house, and a cotton gin, and a grist mill, and 250 acres in cultivation, to be sold on a credit of one, two, three, and four years, payments to made in equal annual installments, approved endorsed notes; possession to be given on the 1st of January next.


                                                                                    James Speed


July 7, 1838


Published in the July 26, 1838 Southern Star in Copiah County, MS.


[Transcriber’s note:  James S. Speed married Mrs. Sarah Ann Sanders September 16, 1838 in Copiah County.  I believe that she is the widow of James Sanders, and he is the guardian of Sarah Ann Francis Sanders listed above.  Sarah Ann Sanders [the daughter listed above?] married Aaron Miller May 9, 1859 in Copiah County.]

Content Copyright Rob Crawford,, County Coordinator    All rights reserved.

For Questions about MSGenWeb or to adopt a county, please contact the State Coordinator , or the Assistant State Coordinator