Note: This grave record was part of a story which appeared in the newspaper, The Clarion Ledger, printed in
jackson, Ms. 3 Jy, 1967 issue, date lined Hazlehurst, Ms. Author of the article not given.
Location (1967): about 3 1/2 miles northwest of Hazlehurst, one mile south of the Dentville road
on what was the Old Tylor place, now known as the Kennebrew place.
According to the story, the grave marker is located under a tree at the southwest corner of a house built in 1820 and believed to be the
oldest, or one of the oldest, still standing in Copiah Co. The building was first used as house of worship by all denominations. Later it was used as a schoolhouse but, after additions, it became
the home of Lindsey & Patrick families. It is thought that there are other graves but there are no markers.
The one left standing has fallen down and was almost covered with dirt when Jack Lawson found it and straightened it up. The stone reads:
Elizabeth Clark w/o Nathan Patrick May, 1792 Sumpter Dist., S.C. /17 Feb, 1828
/Emigrated to this state 1 Jan, 1822