Attala County

MSGenWeb Project


Old Sharon Cemetery
Submitted by Delores Sanders, August 27, 1999


Location (1960): about 3 miles W/o McCool on Hal Cook property, just south of what is called the Rockport Road

Note: At one time, approximately 100 years ago, there stood a church known as Old Sharon Presbyterian, north of this cemetery, several hundred yards. Some of the early settlers of this community - the Hubberts - settled the land where the church and cemetery are.

 

Charles Clements 6 Feb, 1794 /12 Oct, 1847
A. J. Greenlee 2 May, 1826 /6 May, 1874
Mary A. Greenlee 22 Feb, 1830 /3 Feb, 1905 (Note: was d/o James & Malinda Hubbbert / had no children; Mr. Greenlee was a Mason )
James Hubbert 26 Jan, 1804 /11 Nov, 1882
Malinda B. Hubbert 20 Dec, 1806 /11 Nov, 1882
Eugene s/o WR & EG Irving 20 Mar, 1872 /18 Feb, 1873

Copyright: Dolores Sanders, 1999


County Coordinator: Jeff Kemp
MSGenWeb State Coordinator Jeff Kemp

Copyright 1996-2017 MSGenWeb Project. All Rights Reserved
Copyright Notice: All files on this site are copyrighted by their creator and/or contributor. They may be linked to but may not be reproduced on another site without specific permission of the creator/and or contributor. Although public information is not in and of itself copyrightable, the format in which they are presented, the notes and comments, etc., are. It is however, quite permissible to print or save the files to a personal computer for personal use ONLY.

Last Updated: April 4 2017