Newspaper dated March 13, 1972
WELL-KNOWN BUSINESS CIVIC LEADER BURIED
William Cameron Stevenson, Corinth businessman and
civic leader, died Saturday at his residence at 1219 Jackson St.
after an apparent heart attack. He was 70.
Operating a furniture business for 40 years in Corinth,
Stevenson, a native of Moorehead, Mississippi, was owner of
Stevenson's Frame Shop.
A graduate of the University of Mississippi, he was chairman of the
Corinth Housing Authority and a deacon and trustee of the First
A former president of the Corinth Chamber of Commerce, he was a long
time member of the industrial committee.
He also served as a past president of the Corinth Rotary Club and
was chairman of the Alcorn County Rationing Board during World War
A 32nd degree Mason, Knight Templer, Stevenson was
a member of the Shriners.
He was married to the former Clara Johns.
Funeral services were held this morning at 11 at the First
Presbyterian Church with the Rev. R. Christy Morgan,
officiating. Burial was in the City Cemetery.
In addition to his wife, he is survived by a son, W.C.
Stevenson, Jr. of New Orleans; a daughter, Mrs. James Hugh
Ray of Tupelo; a sister, Mrs. M.J. Shaw
of Moorehead and 3 grandchildren.
Pallbeares were Frank Worsham III, H.L.
Williams, Jr., David Palmer, III, Dr. J.D.
Biggers III, James N. Palmer,
Garrett Kennedy, James Norman and
Dr. Robert Mathis.
McPeters Mortuary was in charge of arrangements.